This tip was originally sent to our mailing list as part of our One Thing Wednesday series! We created our One Thing Wednesday email series to help the housewares industry make the next best move. Each week, we focus on one important marketing initiative you can + should be taking on to improve your digital presence + overall brand performance online.
Not getting our emails? Get on the list!
You know you need to craft engaging content that adds value to your audience’s lives + sparks a connection or action. Whether your team is struggling to keep your social channels as active as they need to be, or your latest blog topics have fallen flat, we’re here to help! Today’s One Thing Wednesday challenge is all about crafting better content by using search trends + data to find on-trend topics for your brand! Here are six topic ideas for you to write about this month!
- Upcoming holidays: August 26th is #NationalDogDay + August 29th is #InternationalBaconDay! While hopping on these “holidays” isn’t always a great fit for every brand, there are opportunities for increased reach + engagement when you have a relevant connection to the day! Embrace the hashtags + find a creative way to get your brand involved in the conversation!
- Racial Equality: Searches for “Black Lives Matter” phrases reached an all-time high in search interest in June, but there are still plenty of opportunities for your brand to keep the important conversations going. If you wrote about racial justice earlier this summer, now’s a great time to follow up with more information on the actions you’ve taken or what your next steps are!
- End of Summer: Searches for phrases like “when it the last day of summer” + “when does fall start” have been rising like crazy over the last few weeks! How do your products help shoppers make the most of what’s left of summer or get their homes ready for the cozy fall days ahead?
- Back to School: No surprises here, but back-to-school looks + feels different this year! No matter what lies ahead for families, teachers + students, how can your brand support their choices + help them create a better back-to-school experience?
- Recipes: Pumpkin spice season is almost here! Seasonal recipes are a great way for housewares brands to generate new content ideas. Don’t overlook the power of a recipe if you’re not a kitchenware manufacturer. Sipping a craft cocktail can make home organization chores more fun + the right recipe for fresh produce can spark garden-envy in us all! Searches for okra, zucchini, tomato + hatch chile recipes have all been on the rise in the last few weeks, so use some tasty content to generate interest in your brand! You create your own fresh + fun recipes or share some great curated content from partners or influencers!
- Home Projects: Speaking of home organization, searches for “how to organize a closet,” “how do I create a good home learning space” + “home office organization” are all on the rise! Help your audiences tackle their to-do list while offering a little inspiration for how your products can make their life easier!
Looking for more information on how your brand can capitalize on search trends to create better content? We’re here to help! Our team of content marketing specialists can help you find your sweet spot when it comes to writing purposeful content for your brand! Just set up a time to talk + we’ll get started.