This tip was originally sent to our mailing list as part of our One Thing Wednesday series! We created our One Thing Wednesday email series to help the housewares industry make the next best move. Each week, we focus on one important marketing initiative you can + should be taking on to improve your digital presence + overall brand performance online.
Not getting our emails? Get on the list!
Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter… Social media can often feel like more like a necessary evil than a valuable marketing tool. For housewares brands specifically, social media can + should be an integral aspect of your online presence + an engaging, fun tool that generates great results! Not sure how your social media channels stack up? No problem! Today’s One Thing Wednesday challenge will help!
- Are your channels linked from your website? Bonus points if they are linked from the header +/or footer! They should also open in a new tab so you’re keeping people on your site as long as possible while still allowing them to connect + engage with you elsewhere!
- Are they on-brand? Do your social channels feel like an extension of your website, retail presence + packaging? Are your graphics representative of your brand’s look + feel?
- Are they well optimized? If someone’s first connection with your brand was your Instagram or Twitter profile, would they understand who you are + what you sell?
Is your contact info easy to find? Make sure anyone who visits your social profiles can easily find your website + contact info!
- Are they active? When was the last post made on all of your social channels? If you have stagnant or outdated accounts, they aren’t doing you any good. Be sure you only have profiles on channels you can actively support.
- Are they engaging? Are people responding to your posts, commenting on your content + sharing your work? If not, you’re probably not delivering the best possible content for your audience on that channel.
- Do they use hashtags? Hashtags increase engagement + reach for your content, but need to be used wisely. You should generally use a mix of relevant, popular hashtags along with some branded hashtags on your content.
- Are they visual? Photos, images + videos are a huge part of a successful social media strategy. Show off your products, user-generated content + shots from around the office across your social channels!
- Are they interactive? Simply posting content isn’t enough. Your social media channels should be interactive, facilitating conversation, encouraging discussions + answering questions whenever possible!
- Do you use all the features? The different social platforms have a ton of features + in-app functionality to help you create an even better social experience. You should be exploring IGTV, Instagram Reels, Rich Pins, chatbots, Stories + more!
- Are you advertising? An ad budget + solid strategy will really amplify your brand across the social channels! From fan + follower growth to product sales, there are so many ad types available to support your business goals!
Ready for a fresh perspective on your social media channels? We can help! We’d love to put together a free social performance snapshot for your brand! Our social team will take a good look at what’s working + where your biggest opportunities are + provide recommendations for how to take your social media strategy to the next level!