This tip was originally sent to our mailing list as part of our One Thing Wednesday series! We created our One Thing Wednesday email series to help the housewares industry make the next best move. Each week, we focus on one important marketing initiative you can + should be taking on to improve your digital presence + overall brand performance online.
Not getting our emails? Get on the list!
Your employees are some of your biggest fans, right? They also know a ton about your products + brand! Are you using that loyalty, knowledge + excitement online? You should be! Your target audiences want to hear from your employees + you’ll love the lift you see in online engagement + reach!
- People are 3x more likely to trust content shared by people they know than content shared by brands. source
- People are 8x more likely to engage with content shared by employees than content shared by brands. source
- People are 24x more likely to reshare content shared by employees than content shared by brands. source
So, how can you encourage your employees to become brand ambassadors? We’re so happy you asked! We’ve got five great ways you can get started today!
- Educate your team on how important their role is when it comes to your marketing. Share the stats above with them + help them understand that everyone is an influencer in today’s digital world!
- Make this initiative a part of your corporate culture. Gift free products to your team, or offer an employee discount so good that it gets your products in the hands + homes of your employees. You want them to have as many opportunities as possible to use, love + share their personal experiences with your products.
- When you write a new piece of content, launch a new product or initiative, or start a new advertising campaign, share it with your team first! Send out a company email with a link + overview of the project. Take the extra time to ask them to share the news + provide graphics, information, links + a list of your social handles so that they can tag your branded accounts when they do!
- Come up with a company culture hashtag so you can track employee shares online, here at epower at home, we use #lifeatepower to document our day to day company news + fun. Hashtags like #BRANDlife #BRANDteam are a great place to start! Encourage your team to use your culture hashtag whenever they are sharing updates about company news, new initiatives, product launches, etc.
- Make it a contest! Have your team tag their links using Google’s Campaign URL Builder then tally up who generated the most clicks or sales each quarter through Google Analytics! A little friendly competition can do wonders for people’s motivation!
You can maximize your online reach, especially on the social channels, while building your brand awareness + authority when you harness the power of your employees! Empower + educate your team so they have the resources + drive to advocate for your brand online!
Do you have questions on getting started or reporting on the return? Ready for a fresh perspective on your digital marketing strategy so you have the best possible foundation for your employees to share? Let’s set up a time to talk!