This tip was originally sent to our mailing list as part of our One Thing Wednesday series! We created our One Thing Wednesday email series to help the housewares industry make the next best move. Each week, we focus on one important marketing initiative you can + should be taking on to improve your digital presence + overall brand performance online.
Not getting our emails? Get on the list!
We’re a small agency here at epower at home, but we generate big results. Are you ready to hear one of our secrets to success? We know that together, we can do anything. However, we’re smart enough to know we shouldn’t do everything. Since our agency was founded in 1998, we’ve seen plenty of other agencies + internal marketing teams try to take on too much. This has led to stress, burnout + unsuccessful marketing strategies time + time again. The International Housewares Association brings us to The Inspired Home Show to offer free digital marketing consults + we were so sad not to get that chance this year! That’s why we’re using today’s One Thing Wednesday challenge to ask you to take a hard look at what’s not working + where you have questions or could use a fresh perspective!
In the past, we’ve tackled some of these common digital marketing issues with housewares brands. Are you seeing similar problems?
- Your results aren’t improving. This is first on our list because it’s most important. Digital marketing offers so many metrics, reports + opportunities for tracking results that you should be seeing ROI on your digital initiatives + consistent improvements. A fresh perspective can help you find the right mix of digital strategies + a transparent look at how they’re all working together to generate better results.
- You’re not found on the first page of Google. Between organic search, digital ads, shopping listings, + social profiles, there are so many first-page real estate opportunities for housewares brands! If you haven’t figured out the perfect mix of SEO, digital advertising, content marketing + social media to get you in the right spots on Google, you’re missing out.
- Your social channels are stagnant. Are you getting it right on your social channels? Have you achieved the perfect mix of branding, education + entertainment? It’s a fine line to walk! If you’re not seeing engagement, growth, sales, or increased traffic from your social channels, you could probably use a little help!
- You’re not making the most of your content. Content is the hub of digital marketing programs + it takes time to write great content! If you’re not investing in great research + strategy before writing or you’re not distributing it effectively once new content is ready, you’re missing out on some key opportunities. If you’re not sure your content is living up to its potential, or you know you’re missing the mark with your content strategy, let’s talk!
- Your ads aren’t generating the responses you want. If people are clicking on your ad, but not taking the next step (or if they’re not actually clicking your ads at all!), you have a problem. Maybe your targeting is off, your creatives aren’t well-aligned with your landing page, or your landing page just isn’t optimized for results. Whatever the case may be, an ad specialist will be able to help you pinpoint the issues to avoid wasting any more budget.
- Your team has tunnel vision. If there’s anything your team is great at, it’s knowing your brand + products inside + out. That’s a huge feat! It can also lead to tunnel vision that can limit your digital marketing success. Your team’s preferences + opinions are important, but your target audiences’ preferences + opinions are the ones that really matter! If your team needs help taking a fresh look at who they’re marketing to + how they’re reaching them, we can help!
So, what could you use a little help with? We’re here for you! We’ve been focused on helping housewares brands make the most of their online presence for years + would love to answer your questions or talk through your biggest challenges!