This tip was originally sent to our mailing list as part of our One Thing Wednesday series! We created our One Thing Wednesday email series to help the housewares industry make the next best move. Each week, we focus on one important marketing initiative you can + should be taking on to improve your digital presence + overall brand performance online.
Not getting our emails? Get on the list!
Are you running digital ads? Even in today’s uncertain times, digital ads are a great way to target those closer to the bottom of the funnel or to push very specific messages to the right audiences when + where they will make the most impact. A great ad strategy has to take into account your landing pages, but it’s a piece of the puzzle often ignored. That’s why today’s One Thing Wednesday challenge is to have you review your landing pages + make some changes to improve your ROI!
- Make it consistent. Have you aligned your messaging within the ad to the landing page? No one likes a bait + switch! Create a seamless experience from ad to landing page by making sure the look, feel + messaging is consistent. If you’ve done that but are still seeing less-than-stellar results, think about the intent of the ad and how that aligns with your landing page. If you have a general, brand-awareness building ad, but your landing page is talking very specifically about a certain product or promotion, you may have an intent issue on your hands.
- Make it easy to read. Landing pages aren’t the place for long, eloquent pitches or a novel on the history of your brand. Tell the reader why your product is better than the rest + be done with it. Offer proof if you have it, but keep the copy short + sweet. Use bullets, embrace white space + don’t give them too many options.
- Make it pretty. We talked about aligning the look + feel of your landing page to the ads pointing to it, the graphics on your page can help you do just that. Let the images tell a story + provide even more clarity about your products.
- Make it trustworthy. Note any guarantees, refund policies, or shipping notes that help people feel comfortable buying from your brand. Customer reviews or testimonials are also a great way to establish trust + a connection on landing pages!
- Make it purposeful. You’ve spent money to get people to this page, what are they supposed to do when they get there? Make that action the sole purpose of the page, don’t offer too many distractions in the form of links or too many calls to action. Keep your forms as short as you need them to be + tell the visitor exactly what’s going to happen when they complete the action.
Don’t forget to troubleshoot your landing pages regularly, if you’re seeing low conversion rates, make sure the form on the page or your checkout process f works as intended. If you’re seeing high bounce rates, be really cognizant of the congruence between your ads + the landing page.
We can’t wait to hear how your landing pages stacked up! If you have questions on any of these tips or would like our team to take a look at your landing pages to offer a fresh perspective, just let me know. We’ve been focusing our digital marketing expertise on the housewares industry for years + are here to help!