This tip was originally sent to our mailing list as part of our One Thing Wednesday series! We created our One Thing Wednesday email series to help the housewares industry make the next best move. Each week, we focus on one important marketing initiative you can + should be taking on to improve your digital presence + overall brand performance online.
Not getting our emails? Get on the list!
Between epower at home + our big sister agency, E/Power Marketing, we’re working with dozens of clients in different industries, which means we’re seeing tons of data. There are a couple of commonalities most businesses are up against these days: drops in traffic + decreased conversions. Staring at those numbers may not give you the warm fuzzies, but understanding those numbers is our challenge to you today. Log in to your Analytics account, or ask your team for an updated traffic + goals report, then dig in. Look at the numbers to see:
- Where are your biggest traffic drops coming from?
- Are any traffic sources up year over year?
- Which traffic sources have the best conversion rates?
- Which forms or contact opportunities are performing the best?
- Which products or site goals are performing the best?
- From a trends perspective, are things still falling or back on the upswing?
Once you really understand how people are coming to your site + what they’re doing once they get there, you can better align your marketing strategies + resources to being more action-oriented.
- If your overall site traffic is down, but your digital advertising traffic has a higher conversion rate, explore new opportunities for increasing ad budgets or targeting new audiences + channels.
- If your ecommerce transactions are down, but you have more people getting in touch with your sales team through contact forms or emails, use email marketing to open up those lines of direct communication to facilitate better sales.
- If your referral traffic is down, take a look at your recent content initiatives, if you’re not publishing relevant, educational or entertaining content that adds value to your audiences’ lives, you’re probably not earning the links you deserve.
So what is your data telling you? If you’re not sure, let us know. We’d be happy to take a look under the hood + see what you’re working with. If you are able to crunch the numbers + identify your biggest deficits, we’re also here to help you find opportunities to overcome them. This isn’t the time to panic, or go dark with your marketing. It’s the time to rise up + face your challenges head-on, with a smart, results-based approach to digital marketing. I hope today’s One Thing Wednesday challenge helps you better understand your data in a way that opens the door to new opportunities! Remember, we’re here to help + would love to answer any questions or get you started, just send us an email or give us a call at (920)267-4362 + we’ll get started!