Even as we get more comfortable working, shopping + staying safe at home, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve. Here in Wisconsin, we’re on week 4 of our new normal. epower at home has been a remote agency for years, so working from home has not been a disruptor for us, but we are missing our in-office team days, face-to-face meetings with co-workers + clients, happy hours, coffee runs + leisurely trips to our favorite restaurants + stores. As our safer at home day-to-day starts to feel a bit more routine, we’re continuing to look for new ways to help housewares brands weather this storm + find opportunities online.
- Quick-fix ideas for adapting your marketing strategy + achieving short-term successes:
- Shift your ad budget to the bottom of the funnel, work on converting those consumers that are closer to purchasing your products.
- Get more of your products into more homes, consider a discount or contest to reward your online fans + attract new digital followers along the way!
- Shoot product demos, employee testimonials + brand updates, videos that will resonate with both consumers + your retail partners. Help them feel connected to you while conveying the important elements of your products + brand.
- How can you help? Promoting the health + safety of your employees should be the top priority. If you can go beyond that to produce hand sanitizer, masks or other needed supplies, we thank you. If you can provide discounts to healthcare employees + other essential workers, your goodwill will not go unnoticed.
- Up your digital presence. Your audience is spending more time online + one of their only ways to engage with others (including your brand) is online. Use your website, blog + social channels to provide value, entertainment + helpful information.
- Look into Lookback Audiences. With so many in-person events being canceled or postponed, we’ve put together Lookback Geofencing Campaign Packages for brands looking to reach last year’s audiences! Get this year’s products, message points + calls to action in front of the people who were gathered together at your top tradeshows last year.
- Bring in outside help when your in-house team needs it. With so many layoffs + furloughs happening right now, we’ve been able to step in to support a number of our clients who need help keeping up. Just this week we’re working with a long-term content client who had to lay off their in-house social employee for awhile. We’re putting together a month to month package that allows our team to step in + take over so that their digital presence doesn’t suffer when things need to change internally. Let us know where you need some manpower + we’ll figure out how we can help!
- Bigger-picture strategies for investing in your long-term success:
- Revamp your website. Now is the perfect time for an overhaul on your outdated site! If you haven’t added e-commerce functionality, a clean, functional blog, or the fastest load times possible, look into your options + invest in a site that will provide you with better branding + sales in the long-term.
- Lean into your purpose. For over a year, we’ve been helping brands understand the need to be more than a manufacturer. Pre-COVID-19, consumers were looking for more than just the lowest price point + fastest shipping. While crisis-buying behaviors have altered shopping trends, there are opportunities every day for you to be more than a manufacturer. Embrace your purpose, live your mission statement as wholly as possible and be the brand today’s consumers want + need.
- Audit everything. Our world feels a little bit upside down right now, so why not turn everything on its head + get a fresh perspective. From your site’s SEO to your ad campaigns’ performance to your content gaps to your social channels’ true purpose, leave no stone unturned when it comes to finding ways to get a better ROI on your marketing strategy. A great audit will help you truly understand what’s working + where your biggest opportunities are.
- Embrace email. It feels like every brand is letting the world know how they are responding to the coronavirus pandemic via email, but there’s so much more to your audience’s inbox than just crisis communication. Email marketing can be great for getting across company news + changes, but bombarding people with the same messaging as everyone else isn’t going to win you any points. Think bigger picture about your email strategy + give your audiences a reason to open your emails now + in the long run. There are so many email marketing platforms out there. Get all the bells + whistles up + running on your site with a platform like SharpSpring that offers behavior-based email, campaign tracking, CRM automation + more! Or take the time to find the right plan from a smaller-scale email marketing provider like Constant Contact or MailChimp. We’ve been talking to a lot of housewares brands about their email marketing needs + can help you, too!
As always, the team at epower at home is here to support the housewares industry. If you have any questions about how to find opportunities in today’s digital landscape, we’re here for you. Check out our latest blogs + resources, or set up a time to talk directly to our team for a fresh perspective + brand-specific recommendations!