It almost goes without saying that it has been a crazy couple of weeks for us here at epower at home. Like everyone else, our team has been impacted by COVID-19. Since March 2, when IHA announced the cancellation of The Inspired Home Show, we’ve been working around the clock to help our clients adjust their marketing strategies. We’re a team of planners + prefer to be ahead of the curve when it comes to our strategies + work. However, the rapidly changing updates + news reports have left us all adjusting our work, schedules + daily lives on a seemingly minute-by-minute basis. Luckily, epower at home has been a remote agency for years, so we weren’t up against some of the challenges and interruptions in service other digital marketing agencies have been facing. Though, we have had to pivot + make some pretty drastic changes on the business side when it comes to marketing strategies for our clients. While planning ahead with your marketing is crucial, the last few weeks have shown that everything can change in a moment + you have to change course to keep up.
Why Pivoting Your Marketing Strategy Is Important
While a pandemic like Coronavirus is just one example, there are lots of reasons you may have to pivot your marketing strategy. When something happens, be it a worldwide tragedy or even a small-scale shift in your internal operations, you need to be able to turn on a dime. Here’s why:
- You want your marketing efforts +messaging to be as timely as possible. If you don’t, you risk losing more sales and, more importantly, customers’ trust.
- You don’t want to waste money. Especially in times of uncertainty, it’s more important than ever to make sure you’re spending your marketing budget wisely. The sooner you’re able to pivot, the less money you’ll spend on ineffective marketing strategies. On the flip side, the faster you pivot, the faster you’ll also start generating leads + sales through up-to-date, timely marketing campaigns.
- Ultimately, your customers, employees + other constituents are going to be impacted. They deserve to know what’s going on + how you’re responding.
Knowing Your Audience Makes It Easier to Pivot
We talk a lot about buyer personas here at epower at home. We push them to our clients + internally because we’ve seen firsthand that the better you know your audience, the more effective your marketing efforts will be. When you already know who your target audience is, it makes it easier to put yourself in their shoes + pivot accordingly in times of crisis because:
- You already understand their values, interests, + habits, which allows you to adjust your marketing strategy quickly + efficiently.
- You already know where they’re spending time + how they’re searching online, so you’ll be able to continue to reach them effectively until a sense of normalcy returns.
- Your messaging can continue to resonate, fostering loyalty + support among your audience during difficult times. You’ll also be able to communicate exactly how your housewares product continues to support them + fit into their now changed lifestyle.
- It will be easier to interpret + react to consumer trends + changes in shopping behavior because you already understand who your audiences are.
Digital Marketing Makes It Easy to Communicate + Convert In Times Of Crisis Or Uncertainty
All of our lives have been uprooted in the last few weeks. While it’s been a struggle, we’ve also seen how digital marketing has helped our clients quickly change course + still see success during this time. If anything, times of crisis + uncertainty mean it’s time to double down on your digital marketing efforts. Today’s digital platforms + strategies make it easy to:
- Quickly adjust to pivot strategies + message points across platforms with a simple click of a button.
- Continue to sell products + generate leads through targeted content, advertising, + social strategies, even if people aren’t able to visit your physical location or connect in-person.
- Communicate + engage with your customers + team members around the world quickly + effectively.
- Generate brand awareness, loyalty + trust that will continue to impact your brand long after the crisis has passed.
If you have questions about how to effectively pivot your housewares brand’s marketing strategy during this unprecedented pandemic, epower at home is here to help. Let’s chat.