When I started at E-Power Marketing, I was a fresh college grad with a background in PR + Psychology. I knew next to nothing about digital marketing + even less about search engine optimization. When I came in on my first day, I was overwhelmed + nervous. Luckily for me, Andrea Schultz, our VP of online marketing stepped in to show me the ropes. She quickly became my mentor + my friend. She’s taught me so much about digital marketing in general + working with her on our SEO team, in particular, has been such an honor!
She’s saved the day for me more than once over the last 11 years + she’s always taught me to do the same for our clients! I’m not going to tell you about the time she almost had to drive me to the hospital when I was going into labor, but I will tell you about some of the other big saves she’s led our SEO team in!
- We found a NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW tag on a client’s home page. No one, the client, their web team, or us, could figure out where it had come from, how it was being generated, or how to get rid of it. Without the careful eyes of a trained SEO team, that mistake could have gone unnoticed until search results + organic traffic started to tank.
- An e-commerce client had launched a redesign and part of the redesign, unfortunately, was removing almost ALL content from the individual product pages. They assumed that since they knew what the products were, users and search engines would too. Search results quickly started to disappear and revenue tanked. By helping them find a happy medium between content and design, we were able to work with their marketing team to get the right amount of content online to make all involved happy.
- During a routine site audit, our SEO team discovered an error with all of a client’s contact forms, resulting in them not appearing on the landing pages at all. While it took a bit of time to fix, we caught it in enough time so the site’s conversion rate wasn’t impacted too dramatically.
- A long-time client had decided to part ways from us and try a different online marketing agency. Unfortunately, instead of growing their organic reach, the new agency focused on piling up a bunch of spam and paid links, which of course, are a big no-no. Google’s Penguin update ensured they also racked up some search violations + penalties with those links. When the client’s contract with that agency ended, they came back to us to turn their program around. With the combination of disavowing submissions, link removal requests and extensive backlink auditing, along with best-practice SEO strategies and a strong content marketing program, the client’s penalty was lifted and organic success was once again achieved.
- After a site update by a client’s web developer, our SEO team realized that our top two converting pages has been mistakingly removed from the site’s top nav! The client was able to get those links added back in quickly so traffic could keep flowing!
- As we were optimizing a set of pages for a client, we called out some site verbiage we hadn’t heard before, only to discover it was outdated info! We were able to work with the client’s internal marketing team to update content across the site with the correct information.
- A client came to us with a website that had been plagued by hacks, junk code and was a web developer’s nightmare. They had not invested in an ongoing web developer and therefore security updates had not been made proactively and the site wasn’t kept up to date. Instead, they would use different freelancers every time, thus creating the coding nightmare that this once simple website became. With the help of a constant development team, updates were made, hacked code removed, and re-submissions with Google sent. It took some time, but we were successful in removing Google security warnings within search results which in turn, showed Google it was a trusted website once again.
- We have just quit counting how many times a website redesign launches with the robots.txt file still in place blocking the entire website from search engines! It’s one of our first “must-do” tasks after every client launches a new site!
Keeping up with your website is no small feat. When you’re ready to breathe a little bit easier, our SEO team is ready to step in + help out! We pride ourselves on catching the mistakes that could cost our clients big + continually improving our organic programs to deliver higher numbers of better quality traffic that converts. Ready to see us in action? Grab a free min-audit, or set up a time to talk about how our SEO skills could benefit your brand!