Here at epower at home, we’re all about integrating your digital marketing initiatives because we’ve seen, time + time again, how much better results are when everything is working together. While social media isn’t a direct search ranking factor, it’s too important to ignore! In fact, just last year, Hootsuite did an experiment on the SEO results of content with and without social promotion and found a strong correlation between social activity and search rankings. Today, I’d like you to expand your current outlook on both SEO + social media, to find new + more effective ways to market your brand + products with better integration. Here are a few ways to get started…
- Use your SEO keyword strategy in your social profiles + content. Assuming you’ve taken on the work of comprehensive key phrase research, on-site optimization + content-gap SEO, there’s no excuse not to be using that research across your channels. Incorporating the right terminology and key phrases into your social content will not only create a stronger brand voice, but also help increase your reach + engagement. Think of each social channel as a search engine all it’s own and use your site’s SEO strategy to optimize your social profiles + content!
- Use your social channels to promote your site’s content. This is probably a no-brainer for most, but this is probably the biggest opportunity you have to use your social presence to boost your SEO success. You’ve put in the work to create a great website, share that content (again + again!) on your social channels to increase reach + create link opportunities for your site!
- Tap into the trends. Monitor trending topics on the social channels, then use both your social content and your website to take advantage. Don’t wait too long or your site will get lost in the noise! You can also use website analytics + ecommerce data to create new social content based on how visitors are using your site to capture the attention of new customers based on your current buyers’ behavior.
- Review your social links. You’re using your social content to link back to your website, but are you using your social profiles too? The links in your content are typically no-follow links, so they aren’t passing on any SEO authority, but the links within your profiles are follow links, so make sure you’re using them well! Don’t forget about links in your videos + presentation content, too. We see those opportunities missed by brands all too often!
- Invest in growing your social media reach. Increasing your fans and followers on your social channels is primarily a top concern for your social team, but your SEO and website stakeholders should be paying attention, too. With a larger social audience, more engagement + higher reach, you’re increasing brand awareness and interest in your products. You’ll also be generating more online mentions of your brand, which can impact what you rank for.
- Add a social element to your website. Consider adding social sharing buttons, social media commenting functionality or embedding a social stream on to your website. Not only will this keep your site interactive + engaging, it’s also establishing social trust, increasing your reach + promoting more active engagement.
- Align your social links with your SEO strategy. Make sure every link you send out through your social content sends users to the most optimized landing page on your site. Be sure to review each page for great internal links, key phrase use + relevancy!
In today’s marketing landscape, you’re working hard to build real relationships with your customers, whenever + wherever they’re spending time online. By integrating your SEO + social media strategies you’ll diversify your traffic sources + generate more visits to your site, from your ideal customers. Have you seen a difference in search visibility when you integrate your SEO strategy with your social activity? Let me know in the comments below!